Als weltweit führendes biopharmazeutisches Unternehmen haben wir tagtäglich das Ziel, uns getreu dem Unternehmensmotto "Better Health, Brighter Future" in den Dienst des Patienten zu stellen. Das Herzstück dafür bilden engagierte KollegInnen. Wir erweitern unser Team und suchen:
Medical Manager/ MSL Hemato-Oncology Austria (all genders)
People First - At Takeda we are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all people and bringing them the hope of a brighter future. It is our passion that transforms every job into meaningful action. Our people are the heart of Takeda.
Are you looking for a patient-centric and innovation-oriented company to inspire you and promote your career? Join Takeda now.
We are currently hiring for a Medical Manager/ Medical Science Liaison Hemato-Oncology (m/w/d) for Austria
in full-time in Austria (remote).
In the capacity of Medical Manager/ Medical Science Liaison (MSL) you will provide medical expertise for the therapeutic area of Oncology and associated Takeda's products to internal and external stakeholders. Together with the Therapeutic Area Lead, you will reinforce the local Medical Strategy Plan and its implementation to detail. You will initiate Evidence Generation Projects (Real-World-Evidence) to strengthen the access to our innovative treatments and ensure that scientific data are interpreted and communicated correctly. You will perform your duties with the utmost advocacy for patient needs.
Your tasks in detail:
Medical & Scientific Affairs
- Continuously screen, review and analyze scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Present the clinical evidence to internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional way, while determining their and patient needs to become a partner in improving health care
- Assess scientific accuracy and validity of (non-)promotion material and its compliance with Takeda's standards, Standard Operating Procedures and national laws
- Communicate and align with Regional and Global Medical Affairs functions, as well as with other Local Operating Company (LOC) functions to ensure alignment in meeting customer needs
- Develop local strategic medical plans in line with product Life Cycle Management plans and oversee execution (including the production of local publications, planning and conduct of local Advisory Board meetings etc.)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's), understand their needs to segment them and create medical strategy and tactics per segment accordingly
- Act as communication link to authors of scientific publications about Takeda's products
- Provide extensive, clear, and structured briefing to external presenters/speakers at Takeda-sponsored medical events, e.g. local Advisory Boards, doctors’ meetings
- Identify and propose projects for minimization of data gaps (clinical study program, Real-World-Evidence)
- Provide medical expertise to Local Operating Company (LOC) Market Access, e.g. Pricing & Reimbursement Dossier creation
- Provide medical expertise to Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Quality Assurance at local level,
- Budget oversight for medical affairs activities related to TA/product
- Provide medical training for allocated therapeutic area / products to Marketing & Sales
- Co-create local strategy plans (integrated brand plan, KOL plan, account plan); owner of medical part of brand plan
- Provide scientific input into Marketing strategy and tactics
- Ensure awareness and communication of medical activities to other departments within the Local organization
- Support on-boarding, training, and knowledge transfer within the LOC
- support of investigator initiated sponsored research (IISRs) according to company procedures; foster the implementation as collaborative research projects
- Develop study outline and protocol for local post-authorization (phase 4) and other RWE studies sponsored by Takeda; coordinate/oversee study conduct, data analysis and disclosure, reporting/publication
- Liaise with CROs and other vendors for Takeda-sponsored global studies as appropriate being able to do supervision to fullfil with regulations regarding local studies.
- Support company sponsored trials, e.g. identification and proposal of suitable local sites for participation, facilitate liaison between study management and sites (e.g. investigator/start-up-/initiation meetings) and collaborate with Global Development Operations functions (e.g. LOC Support)
- Provide timely, accurate and balanced answers to unsolicited medical inquiries
- Collaborate with Regional and Global Medical Information
- University Degree in Medical, Pharmaceutical or Natural Sciences,
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar Medical Affairs role or another relevant role, ideally with experience in multiple myeloma, lymphoma or hemato-oncology
- Experience with product launches,
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Knowledge of the Austrian market
- Deep knowledge of Pharmacovigilance, compliance and medical ethics
- Relevant work experience, scientific acumen, and communication skills with Leading Specialists and in peer-to-peer relationships
- Awareness of business strategy and high customer focus with an understanding of the importance of business results
- Innovative, able to work in a matrix and coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Awareness of, and adherence to the Takeda and International Health Care Business Integrity Guide
- Strong customer engagement skills (e.g. communication, negotiations, presentation etc.) with the ability to engage both external and internal customers
- Frequent business trips within Austria (50% MSL tasks, 50% Medical Manager tasks) as well as travel for strategic meetings to our Vienna office
- Occasionally within the region and/or globally
Empowering our people to shine
At Takeda, we earn the trust of society and our customers through our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance. We incorporate these values in everything we do. They represent who we are and how we act. They help us make decisions that we can be proud of today and in the future. We enable our employees to develop their full potential. As a global top employer, we offer exciting career paths, promote innovation and strive for top performance in everything we do. Takeda fosters an inclusive, collaborative and international work environment where our teams are united by their relentless commitment to our goal of improving people's health and creating a better future for the world. Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
Takeda is an equal opportunity employer - At our heart are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, race, ethnic origin or disability.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool!
For further questions, please contact: Sabine.Rabach@Takeda.com.