International Delegate (m/f/d) for Ukraine - Caritas Österreich
commencement of employment asap, duration 12 months with the option of an extension - Full Time
Caritas Austria (CAT) has been supporting organisations in Ukraine since the mid-1990s, primarily in the area of social services. Since the invasion of Ukraine by the armed forces of the Russian Federation in February 2022, CAT has significantly increased its assistance to partner organisations to implement humanitarian and early recovery projects all over the country, financed by a mix of CAT´s own resources and support from institutional donors.
Caritas Austria is looking for an International Delegate, based in Kyiv with frequent stays in Lviv and travels to project areas. The International Delegate is responsible for supporting local implementing partners in the operational planning and management of, and reporting on, an ECHO funded emergency project, as well as other Caritas humanitarian assistance and early recovery projects. She/He ensures compliance with donor agreements, project manuals, humanitarian principles, professional quality standards, and Caritas Austria’s internal regulations and policies. She/He is the prime liaison with the Caritas network on the ground, field-based donor representatives and other stakeholders.
Your scope of responsibilities:
- Overall leadership for an ECHO project and other actions, ensuring adherence to project documents, contracts, budget, and work plan
- Establishment and maintenance of good partnerships and productive working relationship with all partners based on trust, mutual support and Caritas partnership principles
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, coordination, administration, revision, and financial management of projects, as well as the achievement of objectives stated in the actions’ logical framework in cooperation with partners
- Oversee proper reporting, financial management, and compliance in line with DG ECHO and other donor requirements
- Ensure proactive coordination, exchange and collaboration with Caritas Austria’s head office and relevant departments involved in management of the action (incl. responsible persons in the Finance Department and Institutional Partners & Project Support Department)
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting towards HQ and DG ECHO and other donors based on set timelines and requirements
- Oversee alignment to communication and visibility commitments and responsibilities towards all back donors
- Serve as principal contact point for DG ECHO’s field offices in Kyiv, and deliver formal and informal briefings, monthly and quarterly progress reports, etc.
- Ensure proactive engagement and exchange with DG ECHO on technical and strategic focus areas of the action
- Facilitate field visits to project areas
- Coordinate with authorities, donors, Network Partners and sector stakeholders to ensure complementarity and alignment with country and sector standards
- Represent CAUT’s Humanitarian Assistance Programme in Ukraine at national, regional and international forums
- Contribute to and facilitate harmonization efforts in the different focus areas of the action among all CAT funded projects and with other network funded projects (Cash, Livelihoods, MEAL, among others)
Context awareness – Safety and Security:
- Ensure that the local implementing partner receives backstopping and guidance for Caritas Austria’s implementation share through support provided by the International Delegate or other Caritas Austria project staff
- Supervise and manage all Caritas Austria project staff working on the action by creating an environment built on trust and teamwork
- Provide regular updates to Ukraine- and HQ-based staff on relevant contextual changes and emerging needs, as well as key trends
- Adhere to CAUT’s security plan; in coordination with the Security Focal Points and CAUT’s Security Advisor, responsible to maintain and update the Ukraine LSP; deliver security briefings to visitors upon arrival and throughout their stay
- Support the Communications Department in generating relevant content for campaigns, social media, news bulletins, etc.
- Facilitate visits by donor, media representatives, and/or other external visitors
- University degree in humanitarian or international affairs, development or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in an NGO environment with a strong background and experience managing projects in emergency and humanitarian contexts
- Excellent knowledge of the project management cycle and financial project controlling
- Experience with the development of projects funded by institutional donors, preferably ECHO
- Professional experience in quality control and project monitoring systems
- Knowledge of the international humanitarian network (IASC, cluster system etc.) and international humanitarian standards
- Strong planning and problem solving skills, excellent analytical skills
- Good knowledge of modern information technologies and software
- Good networking and strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to respectfully interact with people from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Experience in leading a multicultural project team
- Readiness for travel to conflict areas
- Readiness for longer stays abroad and openness to manage projects in other countries and sectors
- Excellent English language skills, German and languages of the region an asset
- EU citizen or working permit for Austria a must
- You have the option of choosing between 37 and 38 hours per week as a full-time position.
- Salary depending on education and work experience for 37 hours per week between € 2,848.80 and € 3,273.90 gross; in case of family allowance € 66,80 gross per child
- Delegate Allowance
- Per diems when in Ukraine
- Accommodation when in Ukraine
- Rest & Recuperation
- Being part of a highly motivated international team
- At 38 hours per week, the gross monthly salary is 2.7 % higher than at 37 hours per week.
- Further education and training opportunities
- 25 days of holidays + 3 additional free days annually
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your CV and cover letter in English
along with copies of relevant certificates and letters of recommendation. The applications will be treated confidentially. Please tell us how you found out about this position.
The application process runs through the Caritas of the Archdiocese of Vienna
Our commitment to protection against violence:
Caritas Austria is committed to preventing any kind of undesirable behavior in the workplace, including sexual harassment, exploitation, violence and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct, and is committed to promoting the well-being of children, young people and adults. Caritas Austria expects all employees, consultants and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. It is very important to us that only people who share and demonstrate our values are employed.
Become part of Caritas and its diversity. Applications from people with disabilities are expressly encouraged! Please click on "Apply now!" and send us your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your application!
jobs.caritas-wien.at oder www.caritas-jobs.at
Werde Teil der Caritas und ihrer Vielfalt. Bewerbungen von Menschen mit Behinderung sind ausdrücklich erwünscht! Klick einfach auf „Jetzt bewerben!“ und übermittle uns deine Unterlagen.
Wir freuen uns auf deine Bewerbung!